Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Ups and Downs of writing a Memoir

I started this journey over three years ago. On the onset of that journey I felt I would be able to accomplish the end piece in a year, but this did not happen. I am here again to work on my memoir that will be focused on my life with out my mom after losing her to a rare disease called Amyloidosis, a disease that affects the protein cells in the body. In the coming week I will post an article about the disease to help answer any questions that may arise.

I invite anyone who knows what it is like to suffer a loss from a disease or are going through an illness in the family, join me in my journey. There will be times that will be hard and even joyful memories. No matter this journey is meant to be learned from. For the most part I will be posting chapters from the book that will eventually be published. At other times I will be writing just the struggle and joys I receive from going through the process.

I started this journey again because my daughter is now five and I am noticing how hard it is to raise a child with out a mom. I am hoping that this journey will teach me some tools to pass onto my child and receive knowledge from other's who have already journeyed down this path or just find those like me who need to voice their sadness, joys, and struggles.

Please feel free to leave a comment, make sure it is respectful and I will post it.

Until the next time.

Peace.
Tamera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark & Share

Blog Archive

Followers