Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pregnancy Poems

This is for all the females who've had the chance to enjoy the journey of pregnancy.  It isn't a easy path but a rewarding one.  The ups and downs of gorwoing a child in you is thrilling and draining. These poems are from all aspects of this ride.

Freedom

They call out "hi," as I walk into the room
of smiles with my made up face.
I wave back like a toy princess doll.
The gifts stand in a corner,
I'm led to a chair labeled "Mom to be."
I fight the urge to run like the princess
on the day of her arranged marriage.
They cover me with baby blankets and pacifiers
that becomes lead chains.
The poison seeps through like
water through a sieve.
The room spins like a merry-go-round.
I finally hear the waves - I smile.

Loss of a Friend

The coffee wafts under my nose
like the perfume of a lady gliding
by, it lingers minutes after she leaves.
I inhale, allowing the vapors
to soothe my neglected throat
but I cough - 
I grab the counter as I ride the scrambler - 
full speed at work.
I hold my breath struggling for the surface,
as I empty the grounds,
I gasp for air.
I walk back to the counter eyeing
my co-worker, like a dog waiting for a treat,
who sips her coffee as a fine wine - I sigh.

Tide

My belly ripples like a wave
as you aim your tiny feet,
kicking repetiously.
Rushing forth and receding slowly out
like a tide,
but instead of the moon
the sun is your guide.
At 7:00 a.m. I feel the first splashes
against my abdomen.
4:00 p.m. the kicks are waves
suitable for a surfer,
By 7:00 p.m. you negin to relax
with slow lapping - 
a soft kiss goodnight.


1 comment:

Bookmark & Share

Blog Archive

Followers